Top Ten(10) Women’s Health Tips
As you may have noticed, there are many things you need to consider when trying to stay fit and healthy. Most of the time, this mass of information becomes overwhelming and most people begin with good intentions, but give up in the long run, going back to the old ways and habits. To help you maintain this healthy lifestyle, below are the top ten things you should do to stay healthy and happy.
- When trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle, the first thing you need to consider is your diet. A well-balanced diet is essential to maintaining a healthy body. Remember, ‘garbage in = garbage out’. Eating junk food, fatty foods, and other convenience foods will result in a feeling of lethargy, tiredness, depression and bad complexion just to name a few. Simple changes to make would be avoiding too much red meat, high-fat foods, and high-calorie foods, replacing them with high-fiber, low-fat foods mixed with a regular intake of fruits and vegetables. Fiber is great for digestion, while fruits and vegetables help maintain vitamin and mineral levels.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day. One of the risks of not drinking enough water is the appearance of kidney stones. If you know someone who has had kidney stones, you will know that this should be avoided! Drinking lots of water will keep you hydrated, which in the long run will help you cleanse your body of impurities. You will start to feel more alert and less tired, you may notice that your skin improves with new splendor. If you are breastfeeding, it is vital that you stay well hydrated to ensure that your milk is at its best. Most research suggests that eight glasses of water a day is a minimum.
- Consider taking vitamin and mineral supplements, especially at the start of your new healthy schedule. Some of the most important ones specific for women are calcium and iron. Calcium is essential for women of all ages, but especially menopausal women to ensure good bone strength and minimize problems from the onset of osteoporosis. Iron supplements are especially important for menstruating women and women who suffer heavier blood loss during that time of the month. Vitamin E400 is worth taking as this has been shown to reduce flushes and sweating at night. For the skin, consider vitamin E as a dietary supplement.
- If you smoke, give up !! Yes, I know it’s a lot easier said than done, but any reduction in the amount you smoke will be beneficial. If you find the idea of giving up a step too far, why not try to reduce it? A great way to reduce is to try to extend the time between your cigarettes. If you can maintain that, you will gradually start smoking less without feeling so many withdrawals. If you are pregnant, then smoking is a big ‘NO-NO’. Toxins from a cigarette can cross the mother’s bloodstream and enter the baby. Also, your chance of breast cancer is much higher if you are a smoker. In general, reducing alcohol and smoking less are great ways to have a happier and healthier life.
- Try to introduce a regular exercise into your daily routine. There are simple ways to exercise without really trying. You can try walking home from work, if it is not too far, do not take the elevator all the time – try to use the stairs. When your kids are playing outside, take a few minutes to play with them. Not only will you be fit, but you will be spending more time with your children. Everyone wins! Yoga is also a great way to stay toned and flexible. This can be done at home with minimal investment in equipment. There is lots of free information. on the internet related to yoga. A simple and inexpensive way to stay healthy.
- Try to avoid sources of stress. Stressful situations, whether at home or at work, can leave you with excessive amounts of adrenaline and other ‘fight or flight’ byproducts. These can affect the heart muscle, disrupting sleep patterns causing insomnia and more. Exercise can help burn some of these byproducts of stress, but any high-stress situation should be avoided.
- Many women are a sucker for a good tan, but there are hidden dangers. Recent research has indicated that overexposure to sunlight and tanning can increase the chances of skin cancer by up to 30%. Much of the damage is done in the youth and may not appear for years. Simple ways to avoid danger would be to use high factor sunscreens, do not lie in direct sunlight, consider using a tanning cream and completely avoid unpleasant UV rays.
- Make sure to do the regular swab scans and ensure that you visit your gynecologist regularly. Many of the problems of women can be detected in the early stages and dealt with accordingly. Cervical cancer, chlamydia, and warts are just a few of them. Avoiding your gynecologist is like playing Russian roulette !!
- Be sure to practice safe sex. Sexually transmitted diseases can be easily transmitted and even a long-term partner could be harboring some unknown clandestine. Sexually transmitted diseases can go dormant for years. Until you are 100% certain that you and your partner are free of STDs, practicing safe sex is the best way to stay healthy.
- An often neglected area of personal health is dental hygiene. Not taking care of your oral hygiene can result in gum disease, tooth loss, halitosis, to name but a few. Keep regular appointments with your dental hygienist and make sure to regularly floss to maintain a beautiful bright smile.
Take note of all these ten(10) fitness and health tips for women. They are free and will make you healthier.
Have you tried any of this? Are they helpful? make use of the comment box to let us know your opinion.
Don’t be selfish, why not use the share button to share with your friends and family. It may save them.